We're Doing It!


 I figured it was time to start writing about what Jessica and i are about to do.  This is all going to sound crazy, and i assure you it is in some ways. But isn't  crazy at all. Its been a wacky ride to this point, and im sure there's more to come. 

Start a new chapter, I find what I'm afterIt's changing every dayThe change of a season's enough of a reasonTo want to get awayQuiet and pensive, my thoughts apprehensiveThe hours drift awayLeaving my homeland, playing a lone handMy life begins today.  Geddy Lee/Neil.Peart

For years, Jessica and I have played with the idea of buying an RV and living the RV life.  A dream we dreamed one afternoon. Long ago. It was just that. A dream. 

 Well, we got one this year. 35 foot Winnebago.  It's an absolute beast. I love driving it. Just a machine.

We planned on doing some work to it, which we did. Redid the entire interior.  Pictures of that in future posts. Take our time, get our shit together and set off next September.  Well, we spent a week in Florida with a friend in March of this year when something happened. The ocean was warm and I was sitting on a beach under a palm tree...IN MARCH! 

Thats when it hit me. Im 49 years old. My Daughters, 27 and 25 are grown with lives of their own and living their best lives. My Twins moved to Florida under the cover of night last year. That's a story for later. My mom has my Sister and Brother so shes ok. 

So i had to ask myself. What the fuck am i doing with my life?  

Like everyone, the last 3 years or so has been pretty fucked up. It sure has made me look at things differently. This isn't some spur of the moment decision.  We have talked a lot. We've had a few setbacks.  I freaked out once or twice. Had every emotion from absolute joy to pure fear. Best part is I get to share this adventure with the single greatest travel Buddy and Navagator there is.  My Love.

 So quit my job last week and within the next two weeks, I'll be moving onto an RV and going to Florida for the next 6 months. That's what I'm doing with my life. 

Come on, vámonos. Everybody let's go!

Comments

  1. Looking forward to the journey, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dano - looking forward to reading. Follow my blog too if yinz wanna. And 200,000 points for the Rush quote!

    love you both so much. catch me at amusingsbnl.blogspot.com if you like!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're at it again

Getting Settled

O-22