O-22

 Hi everybody.  Sorry I haven't posted the rest of the story.  Been very busy since we got here. So here it goes. 

We ended up having neighbors in the Cracker Barrel that night. Nice older couple with this stellar van. Pretty tricked out from the looks. We talked them while another bus pulled in. I must say, rv people are very friendly.  So far, I've noticed that its a  community that helps one another. Offering advice. Just stopping to talk. Find out where people are from and where they are going.  

From Cracker Barrel in north Columbia was going to be 500 miles. 10 hour drive. We gassed up, got food and away we went. Not really too eventful.  It was Saturday, so traffic was light. The drive was nice. Tires really made all the difference.  So smooth.  And we just drove. South Carolina. And drove. Georgia. And we drove. 

Suddenly,  we came upon this sign that said, Welcome to Florida, The Sunshine State. We looked at each other giggled.  "Hahaha! We fucking made it, Baby!" I said. 250 miles to Fort Pierce. Just keep chugging. The rest of that ride was just me thinking about this new life i am about begin. And how i just want to fucking get there already. Its been a long day of driving and im tired. 

Turned off the exit, made a few short turns and we were there. Road Runner RV Resort. Welcome home for the next six months. Checked in. Got our site number, O-22, and went to settle onto our spot. I backed this bad boy in one shot. First try! I must say, Im rather proud of my driving of the Starship. I done good!

What a surreal feeling it was standing in the middle of this gigantic rv park. Sunshine, palm trees and RVs as far as i could see. Barbara Stanwick and I used to ride the Trolley. 😆 And a groovy rv park it is. More so now that im here. Now the unpacking begins. 

Thanks for reading these, Gang. I know they can get long winded, but Im having a good time. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're at it again

VII