VII

 The place is buzzing. The season is in full swing. There seems to be people everywhere.  For the last month,  Jessica and I basically had the pool all to ourselves. And we go almost every day.๐Ÿ˜  The restaurant was busy enough to train "The New Guy". Got slammed a few nights. Lost in the weeds one Sunday morning, but overall a good start. "Just wait until we are in season. It gets fucking bananas!"  is what they would say to me on a busy day. 

As October gave way to November, i started to see a number of rigs pulling in over a few days. And more sights were being filled. Large busses like ours, smaller campers, large starship looking things and everything in between. The are a number of cottages that get rented out. My mom will be in one in February I think. Its crazy how it seemed to blow up over night. 

Sure enough, the restaurant has gotten  busy as they said it would. And we jam out some food.  I work mostly breakfast and lunch. Some nights. The ticket machine just rolls out tickets.  One after another. And we  pump out the food. Smiling the whole way.  The women i work with are wacky in a really great way. They are hilarious. We work really well together.  Im a calming force and a solid anchor to an already great team. I really have walked into my dream job. 

Went down to West Palm Beach a few days ago to have dinner with Riley and Zoey.  So nice to see them. They are happy i am close again. This past year has been very difficult for me. My Dad died after a two year struggle. A month later, the Kids left basically unannounced. It crushed me. And once again, Jessica was there to put me back together and tell me everything's going to be ok. Thanks Baby. I don't if i would have survived any of it without you. So seeing them, and knowing they aren't far away anymore, is a great thing. 

We managed to survive our first Florida hurricane. Lots of heavy wind and rain. Sounded like someone dumped  truckloads of rocks on the roof. At one point, i thought the bus was going to blow over. There was little to no damage in our area, so that was cool.  We spent the day inside watching movies and playing music. Me on the bass and Jess on the ukulele. We actually jam pretty good. Loads of fun.

Ive said it before, and will say it again. Life is pretty groovy right now.

Comments

  1. Doesn't surprise me that you fit right in, you're a personable guy. I read this post after listening to some Sons of Apollo, holy shit those guys rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're at it again

Don't Feed The Gators

Getting Settled