We're at it again

 Hi Gang,  

So, I had a few people over the last week or two ask me if i was going to blog again. Life buzzed by so quick this summer and honestly, I forgot about it. . So with Too Much 👏👏Time on My Hands, i thought what the hell. Let's write. 

After we got back up north, we set up camp in a really groovy place. Ill cover that in a separate post. I managed to go back to my former job cooking at a certian missile defense plant. Matt and I crossed paths like people do nowadays, and back to work i went. It just worked out for everyone involved. I was able to  make money to put gas in The 2112, and help out Matt by doing what i do. Cook. Foodservice is a hard business to keep workers, nevermind good workers. 

Outside of the few people i kept in touch with,(Gonz, Sarge and Nicole) noone knew i was coming back.  I spent two solid weeks just laughing at peoples reactions to seeing me again. Hilarious! So thanks Matt for bringing me back into the fold. I really appreciate it, man. Had a great time.

 The job was the same. Same food. Same customer base. Same old kitchen I spent  seven years in before i split. Same Dano?  Something was different, and it didnt take long to figure out what it was. BEHOLD! It was me. 

Florida unlocked something in my brain which allowed me to look, think and do things differently. I think it was the palm trees. Or maybe the fact i was at the beach/pool all winter. Hard to say. 

I had a great time working the grill station again. There's something about the chaos i thoroughly enjoy. Bullshitting and carrying on with customers is always fun.  Especially when they get my humor. It didnt hurt that i walked in to a chef, Will, who turned out to be a very cool cat. Great worker. Even greater guy. Had me laughing all summer long. "It's the only whay."

It wasn't all work this summer. We made it to the beach a few times. Not as often as we wanted. Only had one car, so Jess got stuck at home in the meadow  most days. Got to be a rockstar for a week playing music with my Random Access brothers Mike and Ed. And Steph. Got to see Courtney, Mason and The Boys. Maddy and Breanna. Even Riley and Zoey were here for a short time. Visits with our Moms(not as much as we wanted to)and say hi to Dad.

 We were always doing something. We even went to our first concert together.  I know right! Who knew it would take us 15 years to see a show together? Well, I'm glad it was this summer and at this groovy place called Tanglewood. It was an awesome night. Thanks for sharing Guster with me Baby. Made me a fan.

Now the time has come. The job is done.The car is gone Thursday. The 2112 has been washed and final preparations for travel are being made. Have to put air in the tires and take Her for a ride. Excited to start moving again. T-minus two days.

 

Comments

  1. You did Tanglewood? Love that place, saw Jethro Tull there for my 50th birthday courtesy of my kid brother. Can't wait to read about your travels and your adventures in Florida. Place is quiet without you, man. (Amanda is still doing an awesome job and Will is still great.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jelly I could not make the trip north to Tanglewood but so glad you went. Literally you are up the road from me right now - and I won't be able to see you before you go! argh!

    Safe road. "Here we go again on our own..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Settled

O-22